Evergreen Plantation Springfield Aiken County
- Location Edisto River, Springfield, Aiken County
SC Highway 4
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Hopewell (1)
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- ? John Gabriel Guignard owned the plantation (1).
- ? John Gabriel Guignard gave the plantation to his son James Sanders Guignard (1).
- 1829 The plantation's name was changed from Hopewell to Evergreen (1).
- ? James Sanders Guignard gave Evergreen Plantation to his son John Gabriel Guignard II (1).
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- Major James Sanders Guignard - contributed by Stanley Young
- Information contributed by Stanley Young - many of Stanley's family members, including his great, great grandparents, are buried in the plantation's slave cemetery
- Guignard Family Papers, 1742-1952 - held by South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
- Arney R. Childs, Planters and Business Men: The Guignard Family of South Carolina, 1795-1930 (Columbia, SC: University of South Carolina Press, 1957)
Order Planters and Business Men: The Guignard Family of South Carolina, 1795-1930