- Location Aiken, Aiken County
Located on US 78 about half a mile below Montmorenci
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- 1835 Earliest known date of existence
Elizabeth Pascalis purchased the plantation which consisted of 790 acres.
- ? House built
- 1863 Elizabeth Pascalis willed the plantation to her granddaughter, Theodosia Wade, and her husband John C. Wade.
- 1865 Hugh Judson Kilpatrick, a Union general, used the house as headquarters during the Battle of Aiken.
- 1944 The plantation was sold out of the family.
- Number of acres 790 in 1835
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list Pascalis; Wade
- Number of slaves ?
- South Carolina Highway Historical Marker Guide (Columbia, SC: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 1998), p. 7.
More About Aiken
- Learn more about the historic Aiken area, including Aiken restaurants, Aiken bed & breakfasts, Aiken museums, and Aiken real estate.