— Oaks at Bluff Plantation © Brandon Coffey —
- Location Near Yemassee, Beaufort County
3547 Combahee Road
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
— Avenue of Oaks at Bluff Plantation © Gazie Nagle —
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- 1993 A portion of the film Forrest Gump were filmed at the plantation including the famous "run, Forrest, run" scene.
- Alphabetical list Heyward
- Number of slaves ?
— Second Avenue of Oaks at Bluff Plantation © Gazie Nagle —
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
More about Beaufort County
- Learn more about historic Beaufort County, including the lovely town of Beaufort SC as well as Hilton Head. We have helpful guides to Beaufort SC history and Beaufort SC libraries and museums – plus Beaufort SC restaurants, Beaufort SC bed & breakfasts, Beaufort SC hotels, and Beaufort SC real estate.