Calibogia Plantation Hilton Head Island Beaufort County
- Location Broad Creek (a branch of the May River), Hilton Head Island, St Helena Parish, Beaufort County
Original plantation lands extended from Broad Creek to the Atlantic Ocean.
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Calibogue, Lawton's
- Current status ?
- Number of acres 1,820
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list Thomas Henry Barksdale, Baynard, William Clyde, Samuel Lawton, Welch
- Number of slaves ?
- Initial references: See #1, 4
More about Beaufort County
- Learn more about historic Beaufort County, including the lovely town of Hilton Head as well as Beaufort SC. We have helpful guides to Hilton Head history and Hilton Head libraries and museums - plus Hilton Head restaurants, Hilton Head bed & breakfasts, Hilton Head hotels, and Hilton Head real estate.