- Location Combahee River, Prince William Parish, ACE Basin, Beaufort County
Follow US 17 South and turn left onto Nemours Plantation Road
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Clay Hill
- Current status Owned by the Nemours Plantation Wildlife Foundation
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop Rice
- Alphabetical list Cheves, Chisolm, Heyward, Thomas Hunt, Nemours Plantation Wildlife Foundation, Redmond
- Number of slaves ?
- 30-15 Plantation File, held by the South Carolina Historical Society
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
- Suzanne Cameron Linder, Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of the ACE River Basin - 1860
(Columbia, SC: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 1995), pp. 135-138.
Order Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of the ACE River Basin - 1860
More about Beaufort County
- Learn more about historic Beaufort County, including the lovely town of Beaufort SC as well as Hilton Head. We have helpful guides to Beaufort SC history and Beaufort SC libraries and museums – plus Beaufort SC restaurants, Beaufort SC bed & breakfasts, Beaufort SC hotels, and Beaufort SC real estate.