Jericho Plantation Yemassee Beaufort County
- Location Pocotaligo River, Yemasssee, Prince William Parish, Beaufort County
Located south of the Town of Yemassee on US 17
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- Number of acres 185 in 1863 (2)
- Primary crop ?
- 1860 Richard Reynolds owned Jericho Plantation (3, Vol I-XII, X: 35, p 138).
- Chronological list Richard Reynolds (3, Vol I-XII, X: 35, p. 138)
- Number of slaves Over 100 in 1860 (3, Vol I-XII, X: 35, pp. 137-138)
References & Resources
- News & Courier Newspaper (predecessor to the Charleston Post & Courier) February 26, 1933 issue reprint of Free South April 4, 1863 listing of St. Helena Island plantation sales prior to the Civil War
- Information contributed by Thomas Ellis
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII