- Location Combahee River, Prince William Parish, ACE Basin, Beaufort County
Located northeast of Gardens Corner off US 17 on Nemours Plantation Road
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status Owned by Nemours Plantation Wildlife Foundation
- 1726 Earliest known date of existence
Granted to Charles Edwards
- ? House built
- Number of acres 2,546 in 1732
- Primary crop Rice
- Alphabetical list Joseph Blake (1837), William Bull, Charles Edwards, George Elliott, William Henry Heyward, Jr., Thomas Lowndes, Alice Middleton, Nemours Plantation Wildlife Foundation
- Number of slaves ?
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
- Suzanne Cameron Linder, Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of the ACE River Basin - 1860
(Columbia, SC: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 1995), pp. 363-365.
Order Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of the ACE River Basin - 1860
More about Beaufort County
- Learn more about historic Beaufort County, including the lovely town of Beaufort SC as well as Hilton Head. We have helpful guides to Beaufort SC history and Beaufort SC libraries and museums – plus Beaufort SC restaurants, Beaufort SC bed & breakfasts, Beaufort SC hotels, and Beaufort SC real estate.