Oak Forrest Plantation Pocotaligo River Beaufort County
- Location Pocotaligo River, Beaufort County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- 1865 Thomas Woodward Hutson was documented as being the plantation's owner. He also owned nearby Cedar Grove Plantation. Both houses was burned by Sherman's troops (1).
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop Cotton and Rice (1)
References & Resources
- Information contributed by descendant Jeffrey Hutson including information from The Hutson Family of South Carolina published by the
South Carolina Historical Society and the map Rebel Lines of the Pocotaligo, Coombahee
& Ashepoo, South Carolina created by the War Department in 1865.