- Location May River, Beaufort County
- Origin of name Named for the shape of the land
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
A Mr. McKimmie owned the plantation. It was next purchased by Samuel Breck Parkman (Neuffer, bk. 2, vol. 18, p. 7).
- 1838 In July, Samuel Breck Parkman set sail with four of his five children on the SS Pulaski. Off the coast of North Carolina the boiler exploded and killed many of the passengers. Samuel and his children did not survive.
- Number of acres 900
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list McKimmie, Samuel Breck Parkman
- Number of slaves ?
- Claude Henry Neuffer (editor), Names in South Carolina, 1943-1983 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company).
- Telephone: ?
More about Beaufort County
- Learn more about historic Beaufort County, including the lovely town of Beaufort SC as well as Hilton Head. We have helpful guides to Beaufort SC history and Beaufort SC libraries and museums – plus Beaufort SC restaurants, Beaufort SC bed & breakfasts, Beaufort SC hotels, and Beaufort SC real estate.