- Location Lady's Island, Beaufort County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status No longer exists
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- Circa 1790 House built by English sea captian Daniel Hingston Bythewood
- 1861 The plantation was taken by Union troops. At this time it had still been owned by the Bythewood family.
After the Civil War, the Bythewood family tried to gain possession of the plantation again through the courts. The case went as far as the US Supreme Court but the family was not successful.
- Number of acres 700
- Primary crop Rice
- Alphabetical list Bythewood
- Number of slaves ?
- Initial references: 21, 38
More about Beaufort County
- Learn more about historic Beaufort County, including the lovely town of Beaufort SC as well as Hilton Head. We have helpful guides to Beaufort SC history and Beaufort SC libraries and museums – plus Beaufort SC restaurants, Beaufort SC bed & breakfasts, Beaufort SC hotels, and Beaufort SC real estate.