Blue Field Plantation Lake Marion Berkeley County
- Location Submerged under Lake Marion, Berkeley County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status In 1939, work began on the Santee Cooper Hydroelectric and Navigation Project. This project displaced many families and communities, and many historic homes were lost as the area was flooded.
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Early 1800s John Palmer Jr. probably owned Blue Field Plantation (2, p. 221).
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list Green; John Palmer Jr.
References & Resources
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
- J. Russell Cross, Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley (Columbia, SC: R.L. Bryan Company, 1985)
Order Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley