Camp Vere Plantation Huger Berkeley County
— Avenue of Oaks at Camp Vere Plantation © Brandon Coffey —
- Location Eastern branch of the Cooper River, Huger, Berkeley County
Located off SC 41 on Cainhoy Road
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Campvere, Champs, Kampvee, Vert
- Current status ?
- 1785 Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Alphabetical list John Bryan (1785-?), Craig, DeSaussure, Laurens, Moore, Simons, Slocum, Smith
- Number of slaves ?
- Cooper River Historic District National Register nomination
Nomination form - PDF - submitted in 2002
Photographs, architectural overview
- Russell Cross, Middleburg Plantation and the Benjamin Simons Family: Click here
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
- John Beaufain Irving, A Day on Cooper River (1842)
(Whitefish, MT: Kessinger Publishing, LLC, 2010)
- J. Russell Cross, Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley (Columbia, SC: R.L. Bryan Company, 1985)
Order Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley