— Limerick Plantation © Gazie Nagle —
(Do Not Use Without Written Consent)
- Location Huger Creek, eastern branch of the Cooper River, Huger, St. Thomas and St. Denis Parish, Berkeley County
Located off SC 402 on Limerick Plantation Lane
- Origin of name Michael Mahon named the plantation after his home in Ireland.
- Other names ?
- Current status Privately owned
- 1707 Earliest known date of existence
- 1735 House built
- 1945 House burned
- Alphabetical list Elias Ball (1764), Dr. and Mrs. James B. Edwards, Daniel Huger (1713), Michael Mahon
- Number of slaves ?
- Cooper River Historic District National Register nomination
Nomination form - PDF - submitted in 2002
Photographs, architectural overview