- Location Submerged under Lake Moultrie, St. John's Berkeley Parish, Berkeley County
Plantation lands were originally located near present-day Bonneau
- Origin of name Name is of Native American origin
- Other names ?
- Current status In 1939, work began on the Santee Cooper Hydroelectric and Navigation Project. This project displaced many families and communities, and many historic homes were lost as the area was flooded.
- 1705 Earliest known date of existence
Land grant to Pierre de St. Julien de Malacare
- 1716 House built by Rene Louis Ravenel
- 1804 Second house built by another Rene Ravenel
- 1852 Western wing added by Doctor Henry Ravenel
- Number of acres 4,000
- Primary crop Santee long cotton (hybrid between Upland cotton and Sea Island cotton)
- Alphabetical list Pierre de St. Julian de Malacare, Mazyck, Henry Le Noble, Dr. Henry Ravenel, Rene Louis Ravenel (1714), P. R. Porcher, R. D. Porcher, St. Julien, Steward
- Number of slaves ?
- Initial references: See #1
- Russell J. Cross, Historic Ramblin's Through Berkeley (Columbia, SC: R.L. Bryan Co., 1985).
- Claude Henry Neuffer (editor), Names in South Carolina, 1943-1983 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company).
- Norman Sinkler Walsh, MD, Plantations, Pineland Villages, Pinopolis and Its People (Virginia Beach, VA: Donning Company Publishers, 2006).