— Silk Hope Plantation © Brandon Coffey —
- Location Eastern branch of the Cooper River, Huger, St. Thomas and St. Denis Parish, Berkeley County
Located off SC 402 on Silk Hope Drive
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
— Sideview of Silk Hope Plantation © Brandon Coffey —
- 1696 Earliest known date of existence
- 1995 Current house built
— Porch of Silk Hope Plantation © Brandon Coffey —
- Alphabetical list Cherry, Heyward, Nathaniel Johnson, Manigault, Mr. and Mrs. Robert V. Royall
- Number of slaves ?
— Silk Hope Plantation Historical Marker © Gazie Nagle —
References & Resources
- 2002 Cooper River Historic District National Register nomination
- John Beaufain Irving, A Day on Cooper River (1842) (Whitefish, MT: Kessinger Publishing, LLC, 2010)
- SC Highway Historical Marker Guide - online database by the SC Department of Archives & History
- J. Russell Cross, Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley (Columbia, SC: R.L. Bryan Company, 1985)
Order Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley
- Sankofa's Plantation Data Collection
— Stairs at Silk Hope Plantation © Brandon Coffey —