- Location Fort Motte, St. Matthews Parish, Calhoun County
Located near Fort Motte in the vicinity of Lang Syne Road
- Origin of name Named after the Biblical Goshen, a rich and prosperous land
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- ? Joseph and Sophia Heatly Dulles purchased the property. They also owned Lang Syne Plantation.
- ? Langdon Cheves acquired the plantation through marriage to the Dulles' daughter, Mary Elizabeth Dulles.
An 1836 plat shows Cheves as the owner of Goshen and Lang Syne plantations. The combined acreage was 2,703 (Neuffer, bk. 1, vol. 12, p. 45).
- 1869 In a deed dated August 13, Augustine T. Smythe gave to Harry Stuart et al., Trustees one acre of land located at the lower end of Goshen Plantation, "being the corner acre in the old field now grown up in pines, at its junction with the woodland nearly opposite the gates of Oakland Plantation..."
The deed extracts the promise of the freed slaves to use the land for the erection of a church or school house, and notes that "the said branch congregation of colored people from Buckhead Church have now formed themselves into a church and organized under the name of Mount Pleasant Baptist Church Colored and have erected a building upon the land..." (South Carolina General Assembly).
- ? The Peterkin family purchased the plantation.
- Alphabetical list Langdon Cheves; Joseph and Sophia Heatly Dulles; Peterkin
- Number of slaves ?
- South Carolina General Assembly - Concurrent Resolution, Bill # 5204
- Claude Henry Neuffer (editor), Names in South Carolina, 1943-1983 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company).
- Telephone: ?