Midway Plantation Fort Motte Calhoun County
- Location Fort Motte, St. Matthews Parish, Calhoun County
Located south of Fort Motte off US 601
- Origin of name The plantation was named Midway because it was located between Belleville and Bellbroughton plantations. Belleville was the family home of original owner William Russell Thomson, and Bellbroughton was the home of his wife's father.
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- 1785 Earliest known date of existence
William Russell Thomson built a house on the property.
- 1807 Thomson died and left the place to his son, Charles Robert Thomson.
- 1855 Charles Thomson died but it is unknown at this time who became the next owner.
- ? Sometime after the Civil War the plantation was purchased by Robert E. Clark.
- 1879 Philip W. Fairey purchased the plantation.
- 1889 Jacob Risher Fairey inherited the plantation from his father, Philip.
- Alphabetical list Robert E. Clark, Jacob Risher Fairey, Philip W. Fairey, Charles Robert Thomson, William Russell Thomson
- Number of slaves ?
- National Register of Historic Places
Nomination form - PDF - submitted in 1975
Photographs, architectural overview
- 30-15 Plantation File, held by the South Carolina Historical Society
- Carolina W. Todd and Sidney Wait, South Carolina: A Day at a Time (Orangeburg, SC: Sandlapper Publishing Company, 2008)
- Daniel Marchant Culler, Orangeburgh District, 1768-1868: History and Records (Spartanburg, SC: The Reprint Company, 1995), pp. 144-145
Order Orangeburgh District, 1768-1868: History and Records