Pond Bluff Plantation Fort Motte Calhoun County
- Location Fort Motte, St. Matthews Parish, Calhoun County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Healthy Grove, Can't Hill
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- ? Margaret Cantey Thomson and her sister, Anna S. Thomson, inherited the plantation.
- 1835 Margaret and her husband, Artemus Thomson Darby, filed for a partition of the estate. Dr. Thomas J. Goodwyn, trustee for the Darbys, purchased the plantation for $12,550 ( Culler, pp. 372-373 ).
- 1878 Artemus Thomson Darby died at Pond Bluff.
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list Artemus Thomson and Margaret Cantey Darby, Margaret Cantey and Anna S. Thomson
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
- Daniel Marchant Culler, Orangeburgh District, 1768-1868: History and Records (Spartanburg, SC: The Reprint Company, 1995)
Order Orangeburgh District, 1768-1868: History and Records