Back Pen Plantation Johns Island Charleston County
- Location Church Creek (a branch of the Wadmalaw River), Johns Island, St. John's Colleton Parish, Charleston County
Original property was bounded by Main Road and Chisolm Road
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Pond
- Current status ?
- 1790 Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Number of acres 1,040
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list John LaRoche, Mary Waight (1790), Hugh Wilson (1842), James R. Wilson
- Number of slaves ?
- Initial references: See #12
More about Johns Island & Charleston County
- Learn more about historic Charleston County including the port city of Charleston and nearby Johns Island. We have helpful guides to Charleston history and Charleston libraries and museums – plus Charleston bed & breakfasts and Charleston jobs. We also have guides to Johns Island restaurants and Johns Island real estate.