Elmwood Plantation Charleston County
- Location Wambaw Creek, St. James Santee Parish, Charleston County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- ? During the Civil War the house was broken into while the owners were in bed and several things were stolen. The church silver from Wambaw Church was one of the items. The thieves, Union soldiers, were found out by their commanding officer who made them return the items (Bridges & Williams, p. 207).
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list Stephen Duval Doar
- Anne Baker Leland Bridges and Roy Williams III, St James Santee Plantation Parish History and Records, 1685-1925, (Spartanburg, SC: The Reprint Company, Publishers, 1997).
More about Charleston