Jehossee Plantation Jehossee Island Charleston County
- Location South Edisto River, Jehossee Island, St. John's Colleton Parish, ACE Basin, Charleston County
Original property was bounded on the west by the South Edisto River, on the north and east by the Dawho River, and on the south by the Intracoastal Waterway
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Jehosea
- Current status Part of the ACE Basin National Wildlife Refuge
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop Rice
- Alphabetical list William Aiken, Charles Drayton, John F. Maybank, Thomas Milliken
- Number of slaves ?
- 30-15 Plantation File, held by the South Carolina Historical Society
- Suzanne Cameron Linder, Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of the ACE River Basin - 1860
(Columbia, SC: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 1995)
Order Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of the ACE River Basin - 1860
- ACE Basin National Wildlife Refuge
8675 Willtown Road / PO Box 848
Hollywood, SC 29449
Website: Click here