- Location South Edisto River, St. Paul's Parish, Charleston County
This plantation was located on both sides of the South Edisto River. The main portion was on the east shore north of Willtown Bluff. The island was on the west shore bounded by Hope Creek.
- Origin of name
- Other names Hutton
- Current status Privately owned
- 1714 Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop Rice
- Alphabetical list Barnwell, Bull, Dryer, Fitzsimons, Herman, Heyward, Hutton, Livingston, McLeod, Manigault
- Number of slaves ?
- Initial references:
- Suzanne Cameron Linder, Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of the ACE River Basin 1860 (Columbia: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 1995), pp. 387-389.
- Telephone: ?
More about Charleston
- Learn more about historic Charleston County including the port city of Charleston. We have helpful guides to Charleston history and Charleston libraries and museums – plus Charleston restaurants, Charleston bed & breakfasts, Charleston hotels, Charleston real estate, and Charleston jobs.