— Seven Oaks Plantation © Gazie Nagle —
(Do Not Use Without Written Consent)
- Location Stono River, Johns Island, St. John's Colleton Parish, Charleston County
Located off River Road in the vicinity of Seven Oaks Lane
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- 1901 Quash Stevens and his son William F. Stevens bought Seven Oaks for $3,000.
- 1909 Quash Stevens and his son William F. Stevens sold Seven Oaks for $3,500.
- Number of acres 1,100
By 1901 Seven Oaks included only 839 acres.
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list Phillips, Stevens, Ward
- Number of slaves 44
- Slave cabins 11
- Layton Wayne Jordan and Elizabeth H. Stringfellow, A Place Called St. John's (Spartanburg, SC: Reprint Company, 1998)
More about Charleston
- Learn more about historic Charleston County including the port city of Charleston. We have helpful guides to Charleston history and Charleston libraries and museums – plus Charleston restaurants, Charleston bed & breakfasts, Charleston hotels, Charleston real estate, and Charleston jobs.