- Location Ashley River, James Island, St. Andrew's Parish, Charleston County
Located at 940 Paul Revere Drive
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Stiles-Hinson-Thompson House
- Current status Privately owned
- 1741 Earliest known date of existence
House built by Benjamin Stiles
- 1891 House enlarged by William Hinson
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop Sea island cotton
In the twentieth century, the farm produced cabbage and green beans.
- Alphabetical list William Hinson, William Hinson Mikell (1960), Benjamin Stiles
- Number of slaves ?
- National Register of Historic Places
Nomination Form - submitted in 1974 by Betty Myers - requires Adobe Reader
Photographs, architectural overview
- Initial references: See #1
More about Charleston & James Island
- Learn more about historic Charleston County including the port city of Charleston and lovely nearby James Island. We have helpful guides to Charleston history and Charleston libraries and museums – plus Charleston bed & breakfasts, Charleston hotels, and Charleston jobs. We also have guides to James Island restaurants and James Island real estate.