— Tibwin Plantation © Vanessa Kauffmann —
- Location Tibwin Creek (a branch of the Harbor River), Awendaw, St. James Santee Parish, Charleston County
Located off US 17 in the Francis Marion National Forest
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
— Side of Tibwin Plantation © Vanessa Kauffmann —
- 1705 Earliest known date of existence
Grant received by John Collins
- 1805 House built
- ? Henry Ford purchased a rice mill from Tibwin, and it is now on display in Dearborn, Michigan.
— Interior of Tibwin Plantation © Vanessa Kauffmann —
- Alphabetical list John Collins, Lucas, William Matthews (1794)
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- 30-15 Plantation File, held by the South Carolina Historical Society
More about Charleston
- Learn more about historic Charleston County including the port city of Charleston. We have helpful guides to Charleston history and Charleston libraries and museums – plus Charleston restaurants, Charleston bed & breakfasts, Charleston hotels, Charleston real estate, and Charleston jobs.