Turquetts Plantation James Island Charleston County
- Location James Island, Charleston County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status Has been combined with Stono Plantation
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop Indigo
- Alphabetical list John Clafe; John Dill (1784); Jane Elizabeth Taylor Dill; Sarah Dill (1789); Ribton Hutchinson; Captain John Rivers; Taylor, Torquet (1748)
- Number of slaves 45
References & Resources
- 30-15 Plantation File, held by the South Carolina Historical Society
More about Charleston & James Island
- Learn more about historic Charleston County including the port city of Charleston and lovely nearby James Island. We have helpful guides to Charleston history and Charleston libraries and museums – plus Charleston bed & breakfasts, Charleston hotels, and Charleston jobs. We also have guides to James Island restaurants and Charleston real estate.