Special thanks to Darby Nolan providing much of the information on this page.
- Location St. James Santee Parish, north of Awendaw, Charleston County
Between US Highway 17 and the Intercoastal Waterway
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status Part of the Francis Marion National Forest
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? Major Percy was the owner
- 1828 David Doar purchased the plantation
- Early 1990s The house that is still standing was built
- Alphabetical list David Doar; Gourdin; Major Percy
- Number of slaves ?
- A house built in the early 1900s remains but is abondonded.
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
- Francis Marion National Forest
PO Box 788
McClellanville, SC 29458
Website: Click here
More about Charleston
- Learn more about historic Charleston County including the port city of Charleston. We have helpful guides to Charleston history and Charleston libraries and museums – plus Charleston restaurants, Charleston bed & breakfasts, Charleston hotels, Charleston real estate, and Charleston jobs.