- Location Catawba River, Landsford, Chester County
On the Catawba River near Landsford
- Origin of name Named for an Italian river town (2, Volume XVII: 23).
- Also spelled Tiovoli (2, Volume XVII: 23).
- Current status Part of Landsford Canal State Park
- 1805 Earliest known date of existence (2, Volume XVII: 23).
Major General William Richardson Davie established Tivoli on the Catawba River (2, Volume XVII: 23).
- ? House built
- 1820 Richardson died (1, p. 4)
- 1865 The house was burned at the end of the Civil War (1, p. 4)
- Chronological list Major General William Richardson Davie (1805-1820)
- Number of slaves 116 in 1820 (1, p. 4)
References & Resources
- Finding Tivoli: An Archaeological Search for William Richardson Davie's Home at Land's Ford, Chester County, South Carolina - PDF
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
- Landsford Canal State Park
2051 Park Drive
Catawba, SC 29704
Website: Click here