Baynard Plantation Colleton County
- Location Hope Creek (a branch of the South Edisto River), St. Bartholomew's Parish, ACE Basin, Colleton County
Located south of Jacksonboro and east of Hope Plantation Lane
- Origin of name Named after Ephraim Mikell Baynard
- Other names Rice Hope, Hope
- Current status Part of Hope Plantation
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- 1870s Henry Bischoff purchased the plantation. Bischoff also purchased the neighboring properties of Hope Plantation and Hywassee Plantation. He combined all the properties into one which he then called Rice Hope Plantation (1, p. 255).
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop Rice
- Alphabetical list Edward Barnwell; Ephraim Mikell Baynard; Henry Bischoff (1870s-?)
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- Suzanne Cameron Linder, Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of the ACE River Basin - 1860
(Columbia, SC: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 1995), pp. 39-40.
Order Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of the ACE River Basin - 1860