West Bank Plantation Edisto River Colleton County
- Location Edisto River, St. Bartholomew's Parish, ACE Basin, Colleton County
- Origin of name ?
- Comment Joseph Glover was considered the first physician in Charleston to specialize in surgery.
- Other names ?
- Current status Part of Hope Plantation
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- 1956 Northrup R. Knox purchased Hope Plantation. At the time of purchase, properties included in the tract were West Bank Plantation, Ashe Plantation, Buzzard Island, Cattell Island, Newton Plantation, Old Hope Planation, Rotterdam Plantation, and Pringle Field Plantation plus the previously-combined properties of Baynard Plantation and Hywassee Plantation (1, p. 256).
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop Rice
- Alphabetical list Fleischmann, Glover, Northrup R. Knox (1956), Turner
- Number of slaves 67
References & Resources
- Suzanne Cameron Linder, Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of the ACE River Basin - 1860
(Columbia, SC: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 1995)
Order Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of the ACE River Basin - 1860