- Location Eight miles southwest of Winnsboro, Fairfield County
4530 Jackson Creek Road
- Origin of name Calatopia means "beautiful place" in Latin
- Other names Bob Lemmon House, Copeland Place
- Current status Privately owned
- Circa 1820 Earliest known date of existence when Samuel H. Owens built the house (National Register, p. 1).
- 1856 Owens sold the plantation to the Copeland family.
- 1865 On February 20th, Sherman's 20th Corps, headquartered at Calatopia on their way to Winnsboro.
- 1870 John Montgomery Lemmon, a wealthy planter, purchased the house for his son, Robert Young Lemmon (National Register, p. 1).
- 1983 Timothy and Rennie Lord purchased the property in November. They began to once again call the house Calatopia, the name used in the 1850s.
- Chronological list Samuel H. Owens (?-1856), Copeland (1856-?), Robert Young Lemmon (1870-?), Timothy and Rennie Lord (1983-present)
- Number of slaves 50 according to the 1860 census
- The house is two-story of frame construction (National Register, p. 1).
- National Register of Historic Places
Nomination form - PDF - submitted in 1984
Photographs, architectural overview