Davis Plantation Jenkinsville Fairfield County
— Davis Plantation © Bill Fitzpatrick, 2012 —
(Do Not Use Without Written Consent)
- Location Lake Monticello, Jenkinsville, Fairfield County
5264 State Highway 215
- Origin of name Named for the plantation's first owner, Dr. James B. Davis
- Other names ?
- Current status Privately owned; for sale as of November 2016 for $795,000
- Circa 1840-1850 Earliest known date of existence when Dr. James B. Davis constructed the house that was designed by Robert Mills (1, p. 2) (2).
- Circa 1861 Captain Joseph Kennerly "J.K." Davis purchased the plantation from Dr. Davis or his estate (3).
- 1896 J.K. Davis died on April 6 (3).
- 1974 W.R. Robinson was owner of record (1, p. 1)
- 2014 The plantation was listed for sale with asking price of $2,900,000. It was sold in April for $560,000. *Note: The property may have been subdivided and a section of the plantation sold at this price (2).
- 2015 Davis Plantation was once again listed for sale in June with asking price of $895,000 (2).
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- National Register of Historic Places
Nomination form - PDF - submitted in 1974
Photographs, architectural overview
- Real Estate Listing
- Information contributed by Barbara Kenyon, wife of Joseph Kennerly Davis's great, great grandson