- Location Fairfield County
- Origin of name Named for founder Benjamin Dove Sr
- Other names Dovecot
- Current status ?
- Late 1770s Earliest known date of existence
Benjamin Dove Sr was awarded land grants for 1,900 acres. He founded Dove Plantation when he married Lydia Crosby (1).
- House built ?
The plantation was handed down in the family with Benjamin Dove Sr's grandson, Benjamin Dove being the last. When Benjamin returned home after serving in the Confederates States Army, he found Carpetbaggers had settled on Dove Plantation (1).
- Chronological list Benjamin Dove Sr (late 1770s-?); Benjamin Dove III; DuBose
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- Information donated by Terry Tate.
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII