— Avenue of Oaks at Caledonia Plantation © Gazie Nagle —
(Do Not Use Without Written Consent)
- Location Waccamaw River, Pawleys Island, Georgetown County
Original plantation lands were located northwest of US 17 off Kings River Road between Heritage Drive and Caledonia Drive.
- Origin of name Old Roman name for Scotland.
- Other names Poole's, Starrat's
- Current status Caledonia Golf and Fish Club
- Alphabetical list Nesbit; Pawley
- Number of slaves ?
- 30-15 Plantation File, held by the South Carolina Historical Society
- Katherine H. Richardson, Pawleys Island Historically Speaking (Pawleys Island, SC: Pawleys Island Civic Association, 1995)
Order Pawleys Island Historically Speaking
- George C. Rodgers, Jr., The History of Georgetown County, South Carolina (Spartanburg, SC: Reprint Company, 1990)
Order The History of Georgetown County, South Carolina
- Suzanne Cameron Linder and Marta Leslie Thacker, Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of Georgetown County and the Santee River (Columbia, SC: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 2001)
Order Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of Georgetown County and the Santee River