— Dover Plantation © Gazie Nagle, 2013 —
(Do Not Use Without Written Consent)
- Location Winyah Bay, Georgetown County
Located east of US 17 off Island Road on Dover Plantation Road
- Origin of name Named after Dover, England. There was a crossing over the English Channel between Calais, France and Dover. At Calais Plantation there was a ferry crossing to Dover Plantation.
- Other names ?
- Current status Privately owned
- Alphabetical list Daniel; Horry; Sage
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- N. Jane Iseley and William P. Baldwin, Lowcountry Plantations Today (Greensboro, NC: Legacy Publications 2001)
- George C. Rodgers, Jr., The History of Georgetown County, South Carolina (Spartanburg, SC: Reprint Company, 1990)
Order The History of Georgetown County, South Carolina
- Suzanne Cameron Linder and Marta Leslie Thacker, Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of Georgetown County and the Santee River (Columbia, SC: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 2001), pp. 561-566
Order Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of Georgetown County and the Santee River