Peru Plantation Black River Georgetown County
- Location Black River, Prince George Winyah Parish, Georgetown County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- Early 1700s Earliest known date of existence
John Green received several land grants in the area. From these, the plantations of Peru, Mansfield, Wedgefield, Beneventum and Windsor would be developed (1).
- ? House built
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list John Green (early 1700s)
- Mansfield Plantation History: Click here
- Suzanne Cameron Linder and Marta Leslie Thacker, Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of Georgetown County and the Santee River (Columbia, SC: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 2001), pp. 457-470.
Order Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of Georgetown County and the Santee River
- George C. Rodgers, Jr., The History of Georgetown County, South Carolina (Spartanburg, SC: Reprint Company, 1990)
Order The History of Georgetown County, South Carolina
More about Georgetown County