Springfield Plantation Murrells Inlet Georgetown County
- Location Waccamaw River, Murrells Inlet, All Saints Waccamaw Parish, Georgetown County
Original plantation lands were located off US 17 and north of Brookgreen Gardens.
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Wittecaw, The Spring
- Current status Part of Brookgreen Gardens
- 1717 Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop Rice
- Alphabetical list Allston; Flagg; Hasell; Marion; Ward; Weston; Willet; Withers
- Number of slaves ?
- Suzanne Cameron Linder and Marta Leslie Thacker, Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of Georgetown County and the Santee River (Columbia, SC: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 2001), pp. 181-186
Order Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of Georgetown County and the Santee River
- George C. Rogers, Jr., The History of Georgetown County, South Carolina (Spartanburg, SC: Reprint Company, 1990)
Order The History of Georgetown County, South Carolina
- Brookgreen Gardens
P.O. Box 3368
Pawleys Island, SC 29585
Website: Click here