- Location Pee Dee River, Prince George Winyah Parish, Georgetown County
Located on White House Road southeast of Plantersville Road
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Casa Bianca (Italian translation for White House)
- Current status Privately owned
- 1735 Earliest known date of existence
Granted to Daniel Crawford
- ? House built
- ? When Elizabeth Pringle was seventy-five years old, she sold White House to White House Farms and Dr. LeGrande Guerry of Columbia. The property is still owned by White House Farms and Edwin H. Cooper, Jr.
- Number of acres 290
- Primary crop Rice
- Alphabetical list James Crokatt (1760); Daniel Crawford (1733); Ralph Izard (1794); Elizabeth Allston Pringle; Jane Lynch Pringle; Julius Pringle; Mary Izard Pringle (Mrs. Joel Roberts Poinsett); Samuel Smith
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- 30-15 Plantation File, held by the South Carolina Historical Society
- Suzanne Cameron Linder and Marta Leslie Thacker, Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of Georgetown County and the Santee River (Columbia, SC: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 2001), pp. 251-256.
Order Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of Georgetown County and the Santee River
- George C. Rodgers, Jr., The History of Georgetown County, South Carolina (Spartanburg, SC: Reprint Company, 1990)
Order The History of Georgetown County, South Carolina