Fairland Plantation Jasper County
- Location Tullifinny River, Jasper County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- 1790 Morrison owned the plantation (1).
- Number of acres 1,200 in 1790 this may have been the combined total acerage of two plantations Morrison owned at the time (1)
- Primary crop ?
- Number of slaves 30 in 1790, the slaves may have worked two Morrison plantations
References & Resources
- Information contributed by Gail Black, a Morrison family descendant; includes documentation held by the South Carolina Historical Society and the 1790 South Carolina Census of St. Bartholomew's Parish.
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII