Maurene Plantation Hardeeville Jasper County
- 1955 Nancy Spaulding Liggett inherited Maurene from two friends of her father.
- 1995 Gerry Spaulding, Nancy Spaulding Liggett's great-nephew, and his wife Judy moved their family to the plantation and began cultivating the rare long leaf pine that grows on 1800 acres.
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- 1929 House built
- Number of acres 2700 acres in 2009
- Primary crop Long leaf pines for straw and timber; possibly rice in early years
- Alphabetical list Nancy Spaulding Liggett (1955-1995), Gerry and Judy Spaulding (1995-present)
- The two-story brick house with large white columns was built in 1929. Click here to see a picture of house published in a July 2009 Bluffton Breeze Magazine article.