- Location Hickory Tavern, Laurens County
Located off Fairview Road (SC Secondary Road 101)
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status Privately owned
- 1825 Earliest known date of existence
The property was owned by George Washington Sullivan, Sr.
- 1847 House built
George Washington Sullivan, Sr. built a brick house which was uncommon in Laurens County prior to the Civil War.
- 1995 Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Peirsen III were owners of record (National Register, p. 4).
- Number of acres 2,200 in 1860; 108 in 1917; 3.5 in 1995; 1.75 in 2012
- Primary crops Cotton, Indian corn, oats, wheat, peas, and beans (National Register, p. 8)
- Chronological list George Washington Sullivan, Sr. (1825-?); Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Peirsen III (1995)
- Number of slaves 66 in 1860 (National Register, p. 8)
- Outbuildings include a blacksmith shop, summer kitchen, and two sheds (National Register, p. 11)
- National Register of Historic Places
Nomination form - PDF - submitted in 1995
Photographs, architectural overview
- 30-15 Plantation File, held by the South Carolina Historical Society
- William P. Jacobs, The Scrapbook: A Compilation of Historical Facts about Places and Events of Laurens County, South Carolina (Laurens, SC: Laurens County Historical Society and Laurens County Arts Council, 1982)
Order The Scrapbook: A Compilation of Historical Facts about Places and Events of Laurens County, South Carolina
- The Greenville News, (Greenville, SC: June 15, 1995)