Cherry Hill Plantation Willington McCormick County
- Location One mile from Willington Academy, McCormick County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- ? Ezekiel Noble acquired the plantation. There was a house on it during Noble's ownership that burned (1).
- Circa 1820 George McDuffie purchased the plantation from Ezekiel Noble and constructed a two-story house. McDuffie held many political seats, expanded the size of Cherry Hill and made the plantation his home until his death in 1851 (1).
- Number of acres 5,000 under McDuffie (1)
- Primary crop Cotton, corn, grains (1)
- Number of slaves 175 under McDuffie (1)
References & Resources
- Cherry Hill historical marker
- Bobby F. Edmonds, The Making of McCormick County (Snowflake, AZ: Cedar Hill Publishing, 1999)
Order The Making of McCormick County