Oak Grove Plantation Newberry County
Special thanks to J.R. Fennell, Director of the Lexington County Museum, for contributing the information on this page.
- Location Newberry County
Intersection of US 176 and SC 34
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- Circa 1859 House built
- Early 1800s Thomas Wadlington was owner
- 1970 The house burned
- Number of acres 710 under Wadlington
- Primary crop Cotton
- Alphabetical list Thomas Wadlington
- Number of slaves ?
- The plantation's pigeonnaire (structure used to house pigeons or doves) is now at the Lexington County Museum.