Belmont Plantation Lake Marion Orangeburg County
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- ? David Gaillard sold Belmont to William Sinkler, Jr.
- 1942 The plantation house at the Rocks Plantation was moved 1.6 miles to Belmont to escape the flood waters of the Santee Cooper Hydroelectric and Navigation Project. The house burned down in 1992 (3, bk. 1, vol. 7, p. 1).
- ? The Joseph's purchased the plantation and restored the house, maintaining its historical elements (4).
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop ?
- Chronological list David Gaillard; William Sinkler, Jr.; Joseph
References & Resources
- Brief summary of the Gaillard and Sinkler owners:
- J. Russell Cross, Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley (Columbia, SC: R.L. Bryan Company, 1985)
Order Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
- Information contributed by Molly Joseph