Fountain Head Plantation Lake Moultrie Orangeburg County
- Location Submerged by Lake Moultrie, Orangeburg County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status In 1939, work began on the Santee Cooper Hydroelectric and Navigation Project. This project displaced many families and communities, and many historic homes were lost as the area was flooded.
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list Edward Edwards; Kirk; Colonel Robert Mckelvey
References & Resources
- Frederick A. Porcher, Fountain Head - brief summary of the owners
- J. Russell Cross, Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley (Columbia, SC: R.L. Bryan Company, 1985)
Order Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley
- Lesley M. Drucker and Ronald W. Anthony. The Spiers Landing Site: Archaeological Investigations in Orangeburg County, South Carolina. Resource Studies Series 10, Carolina Archaeological Services, Columbia, 1979.
- Lesley M. Drucker. Socioeconomic Patterning at an Undocumented Late 18th Century Site: Spiers Landing, South Carolina. Historical Archaeology 15 (2) 1981: 58-68.
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII