- Location Orangeburg County
4 miles east of Eutaw Springs
- Origin of name There is a pond near the house which is set on a bluff of the river swamp.
- Other names ?
- Current status Partly submerged under Lake Marion
- 1758 Earliest known date of existence
Granted to William Flud
- 1759 General Francis Marion, the Swamp Fox, settles at Pond Bluff
- 1816 House in which Marion lived was destroyed
- 1825 House built by Joseph Palmer
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list Charlotte Ashby, Dwight, William Flud (1758), General Francis Marion (1773), John Matthews, Palmer, Joseph Palmer Simmons, Julia Simons, Colonel Keating Lewis Simons, Rebecca Singleton, Videau
Given to Simons family by widow of General Francis Marion
- Number of slaves ?
- Initial references: See #1, 4, 8, 19, 30