Sleepy Hollow Plantation Pendleton Pickens County
Much of the information on this page was contributed by Steve Sefick.
- Location Pickens County
Two miles from Pendleton across 18 Mile Creek.
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- 1822-1823 Earliest known date of existence
- 1890 House built (Rumor is that is was a log cabin)
- 1900 Current house was built by Jesse Payne Lewis
Col. Jessse Cornelius Stribling added/rebuilt the house after a fire swept the farm, So the back half of the house is Stribling built.
- Number of acres Presently 44 acres but at one time, it was 500 acres
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list David Cherry (1823), Jesse Payne Lewis (1837), Susan Lewis, Jesse Cornelius Stribling, Virginia Hunter Stribling (1887)
- Number of slaves ?
- 1900 The barn was built by Jesse Cornelius Stribling. The Barn is now on the National Register Properties of South Carolina