- Location Eastover, Richland County
1992 Congaree Road, across from McEntire Air National Gaurd Base
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Weston House, Weston Home at Grovewood
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence is not certain. Two theories exist.
Theory one: A circa 1765 one-story house near St. John's Episcopal Church was moved to property around 1835 where it was enlarged (National Register, p. 2).
Theory two: William Weston II built the house about 1800 and his son made several improvements to the house. (National Register, p. 2).
- 1765 or 1800 House built
- 2011 Grovewood has remained in the Weston family (National Register, p. 2).
- Number of acres 2.5 in 1986 (National Register, p. 2); 22 in 2011
- Primary crop
- Chronological list William Weston II (circa 1800), William Weston, Jr. (1986)
- Number of slaves ?
- National Register of Historic Places
Nomination form - PDF - submitted in 1986
Photographs, architectural overview
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
More about Richland County
- Learn more about Richland County, including the historic city of Columbia SC. We have helpful guides to Columbia SC history and Columbia SC libraries and museums – plus Columbia SC restaurants, Columbia SC bed & breakfasts, Columbia SC hotels, and Columbia SC real estate.