- Location Stateburg, Sumter County
Raccoon Road, near Shaw Air Force Base
- Origin of name Probably for the terrain (1)
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- 1759 House built
- 1848 The house was called Edgehill Academy and served as a boys' school (1).
- 1863 Edgehill was owned by a Stuart (1).
- ? Frederick L. Green was owner (1).
- 1881 Constance Wigfall Simons purchased the property from Green (1).
- ? Richard C. Richardson, Jr. owned Edgehill sometime after the death of Simons (1).
- ? Elizabeth Stanley Morse was the plantation's next owner (1).
- ? Percy Blair was owner (1).
- 1987 Major and Mrs. Edward Burns owned Edgehill (1).
- Chronological list Stuart (1863); Frederick L. Green (?-1881); Constance Wigfall Simmons (1881-?); Richard C. Richardson; Elizabeth Stanley Morse; Percy Blair; Major & Mrs. Edward Burns (1987)
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company), Book: 2, Volume: 14, Page: 25
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII