Melrose Plantation Wedgefield Sumter County
- Location Poinsett State Park, Wedgefield, St. Mark's Parish, Sumter County
Located off SC 261 on 6660 Poinsett Park Road
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status Melrose is part of Poinsett State Park
- 1750 Earliest known date of existence
Granted to Matthew Singleton
- 1760 House built
- Number of acres 500
- Primary crop Cotton
- Singleton's graveyard is located on this plantation.
- Alphabetical list Coles, McLaurin, Matthew Singleton, Videau
- Number of slaves ?
- Initial references: See #1, 4, 43